St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church has been located at 203 East Main Street in the heart of downtown Teutopolis for 160 years. The structure has changed throughout the years but the mission of the Church has remained the same – Worship God, Represent Christ and Serve others in the community and beyond. The Church is about the people: the people served, the people we are, and the people we strive to be. The church is made up of a diverse group of individuals, you are welcome!
The Memorial Tower was the main entrance to the former St. Joseph Seminary. It was opened in late 1862 by the Franciscans as a college for any young man to further his education. It later became a Seminary for the Franciscans until they moved to the Chicago area in 1969. “The tower, a memorial between the Franciscans and the townspeople, was built over a century ago and is the only remaining structure of the original St. Joseph Seminary.” The Knights of Columbus bought the ground, razed the building, except for the tower, and constructed a new Club room in this location.